Limited quantities of the made-in-the-USA Pathfinder BDU are available now directly from Hyde Definition Ltd with free shipping to US addresses.
We developed the “Pathfinder BDU” to fulfil numerous requests for a US-made lightweight tactical uniform in PenCott camouflage pattern 50/50 NyCo fabric, and named it in honor of the elite “first in” paratroops of WWII.
The “Pathfinder BDU” is based on the ACU chassis and follows the standard US Army ACU sizing and fit chart. However, the Pathfinder BDU takes the familiar ACU platform to a whole new level. It features stylistic nods to the US paratroopers’ classic M-42 Jump Suit, the special operations RAID BDU, and other modern innovations and improvements.
KEY FEATURES – JACKET:
- Chest pockets are angled outboard and are sealed with hook-and-loop tape
- The collar does not utilize a hook-and-loop tab and can be worn up or down
- The front closes with a zipper and a flap secured with hook-and-loop tape
- Bi-swing back for increased comfort and range-of-motion
- Sizeable bicep pockets feature a zippered opening on the leading edge
- Chem-light / pen holder pockets located behind bicep pockets
- Cuffs are fastened with hook-and-loop tape
- Body of the jacket is cut straight for a more streamlined fit than the ACU
- PLEASE NOTE: the diagram below shows Velcro patches on the sleeve pockets and chest of the jacket – the current stock of the pre-production model DOES NOT include the Velcro patches. The final production model will include pattern-printed “Quiet Loop” in these areas.
KEY FEATURES – TROUSERS:
- Large, non-pleated, bellowed, cargo pockets with button-down flaps
- Zippers on leading-edge of cargo pockets enable access when seated or kneeling
- Knee patches that will accept US Army or commercial internal knee pads
- Bellowed calf pockets with button-down flaps
- Rear of the waist is slightly higher than the front to prevent sagging
- Button-closed waist also features an internal draw-string
- Hip and rear pockets are of a horizontal slash type Rear pockets serve as an integral dump-pouch.
For further information, and available sizes, visit www.hydedefinition.com/bdu.html. Individual, group and dealer pre-orders for a future production run can also be taken.